Sunday, April 29, 2012

Monotoni

a) did this to me

b) is created equal

c)

d) is the Mommy of

e} can we talk about my title Envelope Synonymous with House

f) the far cry of tedium

g) I don't get these poets that don't mind naming things dumb or ugly

h) that you are writing prose doesn't pardon all this "in fact"

i) Poetry is to the American People as

1. 2nd / none

2. Dehydration / Torpor

3. Stripped / Insignia

4. Lemon / Ization

5. Refuge / Scoundrel

j} does not know what boredom is like

k) screws in need of sort & segregation from washers and cotters will mourn my passing

l) is the Vise of Life

m) put you in an unnatural and altogether impossible relief

n) but there was a while it lasted you remember

o)

p) the ceaseless and insistent petitions of, shall I call them, idiots

q) sooners the company of scabies and fleas to, and from, you

r) lifts the mailbox for parole

s) how your letter cuts and jostles for kept on the mantle

t) considering I've outlived him by 19 years is a terrible way to feel

u) a thing you made me to yearn for

v) a shore I'll never land

w) or the amnesty of magazines in waiting rooms

x) a grin "kllecting disability" response to what's happening?

y) diet pepsi and menthols in the courtyard; plastic, aluminium, air conditioning,

concrete; and a little hiccup of a chuckle at my asking if being a Sargeant meant

he got to keep a hundred men in front of him at Normandy

z) I should have known two Toni's, but was too shy to meet the first,

a checker at Vons on Stockdale Highway.

Could she have saved me, I like to think -

when does hope merge with characterization of schizophrenia?

At keeping past the measure of any - for sake of breath...